LaFontaine, Baldwin and Responsible Government Education Guide
To celebrate the 175th anniversary of the election of Louis-Hippolyte LaFontaine and Robert Baldwin, Historica Canada, the country’s largest organization dedicated to enhancing awareness of Canada’s history, culture and citizenship, has created this education guide.
Using the concepts created by Dr. Peter Seixas and the Historical Thinking Project, this guide complements Canadian middle- and high-school curricula. It invites students to explore the history of democracy and equal language rights in Canada, and asks them to investigate the unique nature of the country’s diplomatic transition from colonial dominion to autonomous nation.
Download the Associated Worksheets and Resources
- Responsible Government Education Guide
- Fishbone Chart
- Primary Sources - The Durham Report
- Responsible Government Primary Source Pyramid
- Responsible Government: Analyzing Primary Sources Chart
- What is Responsible Government Exit Card
- Responsible Government Letter Template
- Responsible Government Backgrounder