McCulloch House in Pictou, NS, was built in about 1806 for Thomas McCulloch, one of the Maritimes' leading educators and a theologian, writer and scholar of note. McCulloch arrived in Pictou in 1803 on his way to Prince Edward Island. He was convinced, however, to stay in Pictou as a Presbyterian minister. While in Pictou he became concerned with education, and in 1816 he founded the Pictou Academy. In 1838 he was named the first president of Dalhousie College (later Dalhousie University). The house features some of McCulloch's original furniture and a signed Audubon print, given to McCulloch by the Audubon Society in 1833. The house is now a provincial historic site and is open to the public from early June to mid-October.