Kennedy House is a provincial historic site located just north of Winnipeg on River Road, the old highway that connected the Red River Colony between Lower Fort Garry and Upper Fort Garry. A number of 19th and early 20th-century houses and other historic sites like St Andrew's Church and Rectory may be seen along the road, which has been declared a "Heritage Parkway".
Kennedy House, built of stone, is one of the largest and best preserved of these early Red River homes. It was built in 1866 by Captain William Kennedy, a Hudson's Bay Company officer and Arctic explorer who led an expedition in search of Sir John Franklin in 1851-52. The house was designated a historic site in 1985 and includes period furnishings, audio-visual displays and a tea room, and is open to the public from mid-May to September.