Hélène Landry. Pianist, teacher, b Ottawa. She studied in Ottawa at the Canadian Conservatory of Music (Ottawa) under its director Henry Puddicombe and obtained diplomas in teaching and performance. She gave many concerts during the 1920s and went on to study with Alfred Cortot for three years in Paris. After receiving a diploma from the École normale de musique, she studied with Yves Nat (piano) and Nadia Boulanger (harmony). Upon returning to Canada she was named director of studies at the School of Music at the University of Ottawa in 1931. She was at the CMQ from its inception in 1944 until the late 1960s; among her pupils were Françoys Bernier, Léon Bernier, Victor Bouchard, François Dompierre, Janine Lachance, and Lorraine Vaillancourt.