Berwick, NS, incorporated as a town in 1923, population 2454 (2011c), 2454 (2006c). The Town of Berwick is located in the Annapolis Valley of Nova Scotia in Kings County, 120 km west of Halifax. Benjamin Condon, the first settler, arrived in the area in 1810. He was soon followed by others, many of who were loyalists. The district was first known as Pleasant Valley, while the village site was known as Currey's Corner and Davison's Corner. It was given its current name in the 1850s when a meeting of the local residents chose the name Berwick, after the English seaport town. The town has long served as a service and commercial centre to the surrounding area.
Major employers in the town include a vegetable and fruit-processing company, a meat-packing company and a bakery. Berwick is located 20 km east of Canadian Forces Base Greenwood, a large military base.