Browse "Towns"

Displaying 221-240 of 379 results
Article

Musgrave Harbour

Musgrave Harbour, NL, incorporated as a town in 1954, population 1053 (2011c), 1085 (2006c). First incorporated as the Rural District Council of Musgrave Harbour and Doting Cove, the Town of Musgrave Harbour is located on the northeastern coast of Newfoundland at the mouth of Hamilton Sound, 100 km east of Gander.

Article

Nain

Nain, NL, incorporated as a town in 1970, population 1188 (2011c), 1034 (2006c). The Town of Nain is the most northerly community on the Labrador coast.

Article

Naujaat

Naujaat, Nunavut, incorporated as a hamlet in 1978, population 1,082 (2016 census), 945 (2011 census). The hamlet of Naujaat is located on the north shore of Repulse Bay, which is on the south shore of the Rae Isthmus. For a period of time, Naujaat was known as Repulse Bay.

Article

Neepawa

Neepawa, Manitoba, incorporated as a town in 1883, population 3629 (2011c), 3298 (2006c). The Town of Neepawa on the fertile "Beautiful Plains," is 175 km west of Winnipeg.

Article

New Glasgow

New Glasgow, NS, incorporated as a town in 1875, population 9562 (2011c), 9455 (2006c). The Town of New Glasgow is located on the East River of Pictou 15 km southeast of Pictou.

Article

New-Wes-Valley

New-Wes-Valley, NL, incorporated as a town in 1992, population 2265 (2011c), 2485 (2006c). The Town of New-Wes-Valley is located on the northern coast of BONAVISTA BAY.

Article

Newmarket

Newmarket, Ont, incorporated as a town in 1880, population 79 978 (2011c), 74 295 (2006c). The Town of Newmarket is located on the Holland River with easy access to the Don and Humber rivers, 25 km north of Toronto.

Article

Niagara-on-the-Lake

Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ont, incorporated as a town in 1792, and reincorporated in 1970, population 15 400 (2011c), 14 587 (2006c). The Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake is located where the NIAGARA RIVER enters LAKE ONTARIO.

Article

Nicolet

In the early 19th century it became a major agricultural town and an important crossroads for the townships of the S shore. With its economic activity based on the forest and dairy industries and retail commerce, Nicolet was increasingly the centre for back-country agricultural parishes.

Article

Nipawin

Nipawin is situated at a point on the Saskatchewan River where the prairie and woodland meet. It also lies between 2 lakes (Tobin, 1963 and Codette, 1986) that are the result of hydroelectricity development on the river.

Article

Niverville

Niverville, Manitoba, incorporated as a town in 1993, population 3540 (2011c), 2464 (2006c). The Town of Niverville is located 40 km south of Winnipeg.

Article

Norman Wells

Norman Wells, Northwest Territories, incorporated as a town in 1992, population 778 (2016 census), 727 (2011 census). The town of Norman Wells is located on the north bank of the Mackenzie River, 145 km south of the Arctic Circle and 684 km northwest of Yellowknife by air. It was the first settlement in the Northwest Territories founded entirely as a result of non-renewable-resource development. The name owes to the site’s close proximity to Fort Norman (now Tulita), 85 km upstream on the Mackenzie.

Article

Normandin

On 14 February 1979, the city of Normandin was created by the amalgamation of the village of Normandin and the parish of Normandin. However, its history began on 23 May 1733 when Joseph-Laurent Normandin was sent to survey this region and prepare a map of the lakes and rivers.

Article

O'Leary

O'Leary, PEI, incorporated as a village in 1951 and as a community in 1983, population 812 (2011c), 861 (2006c).The Community of O'Leary is situated in Prince County 59 km northwest of SUMMERSIDE. It came into being after 1874,

Article

Oakville

Oakville, Ont, incorporated as a town in 1857, population 182 520 (2011c), 165 613 (2006c).

Article

Olds

Olds, Alta, incorporated as a town in 1905, population 8235 (2011c), 7253 (2006c). The Town of Olds is situated in a transition zone between prairie grassland and partially wooded parkland 89 km north of Calgary.

Article

Oliver

Oliver, BC, incorporated as a village in 1945 and as a town in 1991, population 4824 (2011c), 4395 (2006c). The Town of Oliver is located in the OKANAGAN VALLEY, 27 km south of Penticton.