Mendelssohn Trio/Trio Mendelssohn
The Mendelssohn Trio/Le Trio Mendelssohn. Montreal piano trio founded by the violinist Émile Taranto, the pianist Éviola Plouffe, and the cellist Rosario Bourdon. The trio gave its first concert 24 Oct 1904 at Karn Hall, offering two movements from Beethoven's 'Ghost' Trio, Arensky's Trio in D Minor, instrumental solos, and some songs sung by Joseph Saucier. Similar concerts were presented at fairly regular intervals during the three seasons of the trio's existence. At the second concert, in March 1905, Bourdon, who had left Montreal, was replaced by Jean-Baptiste Dubois, and the reviews continued to be favourable. The trio's second season offered four concerts at the Art Gallery in the period from November 1905 to March 1906. In its third season the trio consisted of the violinist T. Desterbeck and the pianist Hans Harthan, along with Dubois. Two concerts took place at the end of 1906, and the trio ceased to exist in 1907 when Harthan left Montreal for Philadelphia.