Helen Sherry (b Davies). Soprano, teacher, adjudicator, b Levenshulme, near Manchester, England, 15 Sep 1884, d Saskatoon 27 Feb 1964. Her father was organist at St John's Church, Peterborough, Ont, and she was a part-time music supervisor in Peterborough public schools and music teacher at the Normal School. She studied with Albert Ham in Toronto and then with Bicetti at the RAM. After marrying in 1911 she lived in Deloraine and Neepawa, Man, and frequently sang oratorio in Winnipeg. She made her Massey Hall debut in 1917 and sang on CNR radio's symphonic hour from Toronto in the late 1920s. Moving to Saskatoon she taught 1917-44 at the Saskatoon Normal School and was choirmaster 1917-47 at Knox United Church and 1947-53 at St John's Anglican Cathedral. She was president 1941-3 of the Musical Art Club of Saskatoon. She also examined for the WBM in Alberta and Saskatchewan. As a teacher, lecturer, clinician, and adviser to rural schools she was a pioneer in the development of music in Saskatchewan. Her pupils included Émile Belcourt, Mary-Jean MacArthur Jamieson, Lloyd Jamieson, and Mae Strasser Daly.