Browse "Towns"

Displaying 121-140 of 379 results
Article

Goderich

Goderich, Ont, incorporated as a town in 1850, population 7521 (2011c), 7563 (2006c), seat of Huron County. The Town of Goderich is located on a bluff above Lake Huron at the mouth of the Maitland River, 130 km northeast of SARNIA.

Article

Golden

Golden, BC, incorporated as a town in 1957, population 3701 (2011c), 3811 (2006c). The Town of Golden is located on the COLUMBIA RIVER at its confluence with the KICKING HORSE RIVER.

Article

Grand Bank

Grand Bank, NL, incorporated as a town in 1943, population 2415 (2011c), 2580 (2006c). The Town of Grand Bank is located on the west side of the Burin Peninsula.

Article

Grand Bay-Westfield

Grand Bay-Westfield, NB, incorporated as a town in 1998, population 5117 (2011c), 4981 (2006c). The Town of Grand Bay-Westfield is located on the northern boundary of SAINT JOHN about 26 km from the city centre.

Article

Grand Falls (NB)

Grand Falls (or Grand-Sault), NB, incorporated as a town in 1890, population 5706 (2011c), 5650 (2006c). The Town of Grand Falls is located 228 km up the SAINT JOHN RIVER from Fredericton at the point where the Canada-US boundary begins to be designated by the river.

Article

Grand Falls-Windsor

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, incorporated as a town in 1991, population 13 725 (2011c), 13 558 (2006c). The Town of Grand Falls-Windsor is comprised of two towns, which were amalgamated in 1991. It is located in central Newfoundland on the Exploits River.

Article

Grande Cache

Grande Cache, Alta, incorporated as a town in 1983, population 4319 (2011c), 3783 (2006c). The Town of Grande Cache is located 430 km northwest of Edmonton, on a mountain plateau near the confluence of the Smoky and Sulphur rivers.

Article

Gravelbourg

In 1918 a convent was built in the town as well as a college, which was affiliated with UNIVERSITY OF OTTAWA; other Catholic buildings followed: a Romanesque cathedral (1919), a monastery (1926) and a hospital.

Article

Gravenhurst

Gravenhurst, Ont, incorporated as a town in 1887, population 11 640 (2011c), 11 046 (2006c). The Town of Gravenhurst is located at south end of Lake Muskoka, 170 km north of Toronto.

Article

Greater Napanee

Greater Napanee, Ont, incorporated as a town in 1864, population 15 511 (2011c), 15 400 (2006c). The Town of Greater Napanee is located 39 km west of Kingston on the Napanee River and six km from the Bay of Quinte on Lake Ontario.

Article

Grimsby

Grimsby, Ontario, incorporated as a town in 1970, population 25 325 (2011c), 23 937 (2006c). The Town of Grimsby is situated on the NIAGARA PENINSULA to the east of Hamilton.

Article

Grimshaw

Grimshaw, Alta, incorporated as a town in 1953, population 2515 (2011c), 2537 (2006c). The Town of Grimshaw is located in the Peace River area 26 km west of the town of PEACE RIVER.

Article

Guysborough

Guysborough, NS, Community, population 403 (2011c), 428 (2006c). Guysborough, the shire town of Guysborough County, is located on the east shore of mainland Nova Scotia on Chedabucto Bay, 51 km from the Canso Causeway.

Article

Haileybury

Haileybury, Ontario, unincorporated place, population 3,266 (2016 census) 3,462 (2011 census). Haileybury is located on the northwestern shore of Lake Timiskaming, 150 km north of North Bay. Incorporated as a town in 1904, it amalgamated with the town of New Liskeard and Dymond Township (incorporated 1901) to create the city of Temiskaming Shores in 2004.

Article

Halton Hills

​Halton Hills, ON, incorporated as a town in 1974, population 61,161 (2016 c), 59,013 (2011c). Halton Hills is located approximately 45 km west of Toronto and was created by the amalgamation of Acton, Georgetown and Esquesing Township. It is also encompasses several hamlets — Ballinafad, Glen Williams, Stewarttown, Limehouse, Glen Lawson, Speyside, Ashgrove, Crewson’s Corners, Bannockburn, Henderson’s Corners, Whaley’s Corners, Mansewood, Hornby, Silver Creek, Terra Cotta and Norval. From 1926 to 1935, Norval was home to Lucy Maud Montgomery, author of Anne of Green Gables.

Article

Hampton

Hampton, NB, incorporated as a town in 1991, population 4292 (2011c), 4004 (2006c). The Town of Hampton is situated 37 km northeast of SAINT JOHN on the Kennebecasis River.

Article

Hanna

Hanna, Alta, incorporated as a town in 1914, population 2673 (2011c), 2847 (2006c). The Town of Hanna is situated 219 km northeast of Calgary and was named after David B. HANNA, 3rd vice-president of the Canadian Northern Railway, and was first settled in 1912.

Article

Hanover (Ont)

Hanover, Ont, incorporated as a town in 1904, population 7490 (2011c), 7147 (2006c). The Town of Hanover is located 70 km southwest of OWEN SOUND on the Saugeen River.

Article

Harbour Breton

Harbour Breton, NL, incorporated as a town in 1952, population 1711 (2011c), 1877 (2006c). The Town of Harbour Breton is situated around a protected harbour near the mouth of Fortune Bay on Newfoundland's south coast.